About The Law Offices Of John W. Merting, P.A.
At the Law Offices of John W. Merting, P.A., we represent the interests of private citizens throughout the United States and overseas in claims involving admiralty and maritime law, catastrophic injuries, career-ending injuries and wrongful death. We have more than 40 years of experience helping hundreds of clients get the compensation they deserve.
A native of Pensacola, Florida, John W. Merting has been in practice in the Pensacola area continuously since 1968. Mr. Merting was recognized by the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, a nationwide organization for trial lawyers throughout the United States who have achieved a verdict, award or settlement in the amount of One Million Dollars or more. He is a legal expert in admiralty and maritime law and is dedicated to professional excellence.
Click on the below link to learn more about Mr. Merting.
A History Of Accomplishments
Mr. Merting is a native of Pensacola whose reputation and accomplishments have brought him numerous accolades, including:
- Earned status of first Board-Certified Admiralty and Maritime law attorney in all of North Florida in 1996. Board certification is the highest level of recognition given by The Florida Bar for competency and experience within an area of law.
- Included in the Academy of Trial Advocacy (formerly the Academy of Catastrophic Injury Attorneys), an invitation-only honor given to less than 300 lawyers in the entire United States, and one of only 9 attorneys in Florida.
- Attained an AV* rating for many years — the top rating in the Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory.
- Received an award from The Florida Bar Association for his pro bono work.
- Elected Chairman of Southeastern Admiralty Law Institute for 2005, becoming only the second plaintiff’s lawyer to serve in this capacity in the Institute’s 40-year history. He is also a three-time director of the institute.
- Baron and Budd, the world’s largest environmental law firm located in Dallas, Texas, asked Mr. Merting to join their team for his maritime law expertise. Together, they successfully represented hundreds of individual claimants and large business economic loss claimants in the BP oil spill litigation.
Discuss Your Case With Attorney Merting
Please call us today at 866-416-4412 to discuss your maritime claim, no matter where it occurred. Our admiralty and maritime law attorney represents clients nationwide and throughout the world who have been injured in navigable waters. Our Pensacola-area law firm serves mariners throughout the Gulf Coast in Florida, Alabama, Louisiana, Texas, the Mississippi River and the Intracoastal Waterway.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.