Law Offices of John W. Merting, P.A.Law Offices of John W. Merting,


Attorneys at Law
Free Consultation
National Toll-Free Number

Know your rights if you're hurt on a cruise

When you travel on a cruise ship, there is a chance that you could get hurt. Whether you're working on board or are traveling as a passenger, you want to know that you will be cared for and have the ability to pursue a claim to cover your expenses.

In cases where you're hurt as a result of the cruise ship owner's negligence, you may be able to file a lawsuit. For example, if you are a passenger and are hurt due to debris hitting you while in your room, you could argue that the items in your room weren't properly secured for bad weather. Similarly, if you trip in a hallway on a carpet that has bunched up, you may be able to hold the cruise liner responsible.

What should you do if you are hurt on a ship?

The first thing to do is to let a crew member know about your injury. They can help you receive medical care on board so that you begin treatment as soon as possible. If it's a serious injury, the ship may need to head to port so that you can go to a local hospital.

Maritime laws related to cruise ship accidents can sometimes be complex, so it's a good idea to talk to your attorney about what to expect if you've been hurt while on a cruise. With the right help, you may be able to have your medical care and other expenses covered by the cruise line. Your attorney can explain more about your rights in this complicated situation.  Contact the Law Offices of John W. Merting, P.A. for assistance and/or information regarding your rights.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

Let Us Help Protect Your Rights
And Pursue Compensation

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Email John Merting

Based in Florida, Serving Clients Worldwide.

Law Offices of John W. Merting, P.A.

Law Offices of John W. Merting, P.A.
Harbourtown - Suite 39
913 Gulf Breeze Parkway
Gulf Breeze, FL 32561

Toll Free: 866-416-4412
Fax: 850-916-9787
Gulf Breeze Law Office Map